Liniger's Top 10 Real Estate Predictions for 2013
- More Homebuyers and Sellers come back to the market
- Homes sales will rise by 6-7% and prices rise by 3-4%
- The inventory of homes for sale will hit a bottom
- Higher-priced homes begin to sell
- Distressed property numbers continue to fall
- Shadow inventory continues to fall
- The number of short-sale closings will rise to a peak
- Record-low mortgage rates rise slightly by year-end
- Lending remains tight
- Home affordability remains the best in years
Liniger admits that the recovery is fragile and still faces some obstacles. In his video presentation, he states that tight lending, government regulation and the overall economy still have the potential to negatively impact housing.
However, Liniger also believes that "if housing can stay on the road to recovery, it's possible that it can pull the rest of the economy along with it."
It's good to see some good news for a change!