Squeaky Floors No More!
My experiment with the Squeak No More system to settle down squeaky floors is over. Here is my report – SUCCESS! This nifty little system (costs $29.00) worked like a charm. The trickiest part of the process is finding the floor joists under the carpet. I used a stud finder but it wasn’t always accurate. The special drill tool they provide to locate the stringers works well. Once you find one joist you pretty well have all the others since they should be 16 inches apart. I left the screw heads protruding above the carpet to give myself a reference guide and then when I had settled the floor down I removed the all the heads. They do break inside the subfloor as advertised. So, now my floors are silent and that is the sweet sound of success! Give it a try if you have a squeaky floor problem.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment