# 1 - Buying Gets Less Affordable
- No question it's one of the cheapest times to buy.
- Buying cheaper has been helped by record low interest rates
- I have seen some prices rising in specific situations but overall values remain have steady over the last 12 months.
- Inventory remains at low levels. If this continues it will push prices.
- Reporting of average price increases can be misleading since the number is a combination of sales in all price ranges. In a year where more homes in a higher price category sell, the average will increase but does not necessarily indicate all home values categories have risen. Closer analysis is needed.
- The market is healing. Ultimately that will lead to higher prices which will lower affordability. Solution - buy now if you can!